NOTICE OF GENERAL SERVICE RENDERED
Upon completion of the work, BUYER agrees to exercise due diligence in inspecting the work for unsatisfactory workmanship and materials. BUYER agrees to notify Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd within twenty four (24) hours of completion of the work described hereunder of all unsatisfactory work. If any BUYER agrees that upon discovery of any allegedly unsatisfactory work, BUYER shall immediately call Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd who shall have the first opportunity to rectify the alleged unsatisfactory work. The failure to allow Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd the first opportunity to rectify the alleged unsatisfactory work shall avoid all warranties, express or implied hereunder and relieves Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd for any liability to BUYER. BUYER agrees and recognizes that they shall not withhold any payments for allegedly unsatisfactory works. Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd is not responsible for reimbursement for work performed by any company or individual or subcontractor subsequently contracted to perform the task due.
Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd has the right to cease work if, in the opinion of Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd a severe rodent or pest problem exists. Extermination of rodents or pests of any sort shall be the sole responsibility of BUYER.
Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd has the right to cease work, if in the opinion of Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd a severe rodent or pest problem exists. Extermination of rodents or pests of any sort shall be the sole responsibility of BUYER.
- If Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd must obtain access to other person’s properties in the course of work, BUYER shall secure permission for such and hold harmless, defend and indemnify including solicitors fees incurred. Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd and its employees and agents all actions and consequences arising or relation to the use of said properties, including but not limited to damage done in the normal course of work, excluding contractor’s sole negligence, and for securing said properties properly and its contents during and after work.
- BUYER shall he responsible to secure, remove and protect all property and contents, including but not limited to adults, children, animals, cabinets, fixtures, flooring, walls, tiling, carpets, drapes, furniture, and vegetation during and upon completion of work and shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify, including solicitors fees incurred, Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd, its employees and agents against all claims arising out of BUYER’S failure to do so.
- BUYER agrees to provide Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd unlimited electricity and water within 30 metres of project prior to commencement of work.
- Only if BUYER accepts Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd’s recommendations, Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd warrants its workmanship to be free from defects after performance unless otherwise specified in writing for a period of one (2) weeks for repairs, and one (1) years for replacement installations. Should any defects in material or workmanship occur during the period of warranty, Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd will repair or replace (at the discretion) at no charge. This warranty does not cover faults caused by misuse, negligence, or damage caused by BUYER, or acts of God including: but not limited to fire, flood and earthquake. The warranties for materials supplied by Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd shall be those warranties provided by the manufacturer or supplier of that item, rather than bases in contractor’s warranty herein. Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd shall leave all such manufacturer’s warranties at their respective locations. Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd shall not be responsible for the costs of reinstalling fixtures or materials warranted by manufacturers. All warranties are void if payment is not made when due. Warranties extend only to the BUYER and are not transferable.
- BUYER shall telephone Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd within twenty four hours (24) of discovery of any warranty claim. Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd will respond with reasonable promptness between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, excluding Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd’s holidays. FAILURE OF BUYER TO NOTIFY Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DISCOVERY OF ANY PROBLEM WITH WORK COVERED BY THE AGREEMENT SHALL VOID THIS WARRANTY.
- Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd shall not be liable for lost profits, incidental, special, exemplary, indirect or consequential damages resulting from any work performed, or any damage or problem, whatever or not covered by this limited warranty. BUYER’S right to repair or replacement are BUYER’S exclusive remedies.
- The warranty provided for herein shall commerce upon the substantial completion of the work, or if the work is done in phases, upon completion, of any specific portion of the work, and not upon acceptance or inspection by any person or party. Nothing contained in this provision shall be construed to extend the term of any warranty provided herein.
- If condition and/or circumstances are encountered at the job side which are (1) concealed conditions, or (2) unknown physical condition of an unusual nature, which differ materially from that which is visually as curtained. BUYER agrees to accept responsibility for such conditions and those circumstances outside the control of Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd and further agrees to pay for any labour or material, including repair to damaged equipment of Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd and other plumbing caused by such conditions and/or circumstances
- It is the intent of this provision to make BUYER responsible for all (1) unforeseen and concealed conditions (2) for that which Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd cannot control. Accordingly, BUYER further agrees to hold Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd harmless and shall indemnify and defend Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd and all its agents and employees from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to solicitor fees, consequential damages, arising out of or as a result from the performance of Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd work involving, affecting, or relating to such unforeseen or concealed conditions regardless of whether such damages are caused in part by Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd
- Asbestos or other Hazardous materials Remediation Work – Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd has no information whatsoever with respect to asbestos or other hazardous materials or substances in any portion of the BUYER’S property and has not conducted any investigation in connection herewith. Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd does not perform asbestos or other hazardous material or substance removal and Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any such removal. BUYER expressly releases and shall hold Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd harmless from any liability whatsoever and for all claims arising out of its presence, release, remediation or removal and for any costs, losses or damages BUYER may suffer or sustain if it is found to exist on the BUYER’S property.
BUYER acknowledges, understands and agrees to pay for any and all detriment proximately caused by BUYER’S breach of contract, including but not limited to damages for the delay or acceleration of this contract, office administration fees, court, arbitration and lien filing fees, collection costs, interest, detriment caused by a loss of operation capital, and all losses associated in pursuit of relief from BUYER’S breach of this contract. If a BUYER or contractor considers a dispute has arisen in relation to any matter covered by this contract, that party must give the other party written notice of the items of dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved with the help of a mutually agreed tried party, either party may refer the matter to the Fair Trading Tribunal, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACC).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BUYER
BUYER represents that except as described in the request for service, all gasfitting, roofing, hvac system, ducts, evaporative, Air Handling Units systems are in good order and condition and agrees to hold Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd harmless for discovery of defective conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONTRACTOR
Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd shall do all work as competent, workmanlike manner in compliance with all relevant Australian Standards and to the requirements of all statutory authorities relating to the work. All materials and components shall be of good quality, suitable for the purpose intended and unless otherwise specified, new.
TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
BUYER may terminate the contract before completion of the work. If the BUYER instructs Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd to cease work before work is completed, the BUYER shall immediately pay for all necessary inspections by any relevant authority and all work carried out and materials and equipment used up to the time Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd ceases work, including any work carried out after the BUYER’S instructions are given in order to make the Site of the work secure as to health and safely as required by relevant legislation. In the event the BUYER cancels the contract, any deposit paid shall be forfeited as liquidated damages.
BUYER acknowledges, understands and agrees to pay for any and all detriment proximately caused by BUYER’S breach of contract, including but not limited to damages for the delay or acceleration of this contract, office administration fees, court, arbitration end lien filing fees, collection costs, interest, detriment caused by a less of operating capital, and all losses associated in pursuit of relief from BUYERS breach of this contract. If a BUYER or contractor considers a dispute has arisen in relation to any matter covered by this contract that party must give the other party written notice of the items of dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved with the help of a mutually agreed third party either party may refer the matter to the Fair Trading Tribunal, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACC).
All of our technicians take safety very seriously. They are trained in working at heights and carry a minimum of $10,000,000 in public and product liability insurance. Our company Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd are aware of the workplace health and safety issues that arise when working at home, aged care facilities, school, property maintenance, JMB sites and other public areas.
You will have peace of mind as all jobs adhere strictly to SWMMS and OHS guidelines and our technician undergoes 2-week intensive internal training prior to assignment of any jobs. Additionally, we are aware that sometimes unexpected incidents do happen and thus, every job is covered with upto AUD10 million to safeguard our valued customers.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
At Duct Cleaning Company Pty Ltd, our team called Duct Mates would ensure that each completed job meets your expectations and our high standards. A total walk through with a briefing of our scope of work of the day ensuring that you are on top of our work. If you are not satisfied, we are not satisfied and we will ensure we will get a reclean until it’s rectified.
We will maintain maximum social distancing and a very minimal contact with customers throughout the job duration and usage of Personal Protective Equipment, PPE (Mask/Face Shield & Disposable Gloves) by all technicians.
Customers are informed of the workflow cleaning plan at the beginning of each job to avoid technician-customer contact throughout.
Refunds and Returns Policy
Version: April 2021
Welcome to DuctMates. This document sets out our refunds and returns policy. This policy forms part of our Site Terms and Conditions, which can be found here. Defined terms used in this policy have the meaning given to them in the Terms and Conditions.
We operate our business in multiple territories throughout Australia. This policy is subject to any applicable laws and regulations of Australia.
Contact [email protected] to request an exchange or refund in accordance with this policy.
- Refunds and returns under law
We will provide a refund or exchange to our products (not including onsite services or installation of any HVAC system) where required to do so by law.
2. Refunds and returns in other circumstances
2.1 Where you opt to return your Product in accordance with clause 2.1, we’ll refund you the full purchase price of the applicable Product, as long as it is unused, unopened and undamaged in it’s original packing.
2.2 If you purchased a Product online, you must return the Product via post to our office address located in our website shipping charges to be borne by the customer .
3. Warranties and guarantees required by law in Australia
3.1 Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Dispatch & Deliveries Policy (Shipping & Returns)
WHEN WILL MY PRODUCT(S) ARRIVE?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most orders will take 3-5 business days to process.
We offer free shipping across Australia for orders over A$130.
Disclaimer – all delivery dates are estimates only, not guarantees, and assume that the customer has given full information. Missing information will trigger delays.
We are happy to accept returns for full-price at any time in the first 30 days. All you need to do is email [email protected] if you purchased online.
Please note that all sale items are final. No refund or exchange policy applies for change of mind.
DuctMates reserves the right to refuse free shipping and/or returns to certain customers who abuse the free returns and refunds policy. Customers concerned will be warned before the shipment of their most recent purchase.
* Initial shipping charge is non-refundable.