We love the cool air emitting from the AC vents on a summer day. But we hardly realize these ducts need to be cleaned after regular intervals for their optimum functioning. With time, dirt and debris accumulate in your air ducts and hinder the operation of your HVAC system. If the issue is serious, air duct cleaning service also encompasses cleaning the grills, fans, registers, and the furnace. You can’t clean the air ducts on your own. You have to call a professional for conducting the operation.
Common duct cleaning tools and equipment
Given below are some of the duct cleaning Melbourne tools that are integral to the maintenance, cleaning, and repair of air ducts:
- Turbo shears
- Hand seamers
- Duct rippers
- Fin straightening tools
- CCTV camera
Apart from the above, the basic cleaning tools come in the form of vacuums, brushes, and other agitation devices. You may be tempted to clean the air ducts on your own using a brush and home vacuum. However, it’s not recommended under any circumstances. If you do it wrong, the debris and pollutants will flow into your home from the air ducts.
Steps involved in cleaning air ducts
According to the experts of the best duct cleaning company, the entire air duct cleaning process can be divided into three steps: pre-inspection, duct cleaning process, and inspection. Now, let’s have a look at each of these steps:
- Pre-inspection: Initially, the air duct technician will arrive at your location and inspect your HVAC system. In this phase, they will check all the access points to the ductwork while simultaneously evaluating its condition. After inspection, they will come up with a cleaning technique best suited to your home.
- Air duct cleaning process: Thereafter, the technician will arrange the vacuum collection unit. Here, it’s important to create negative pressure in the air ducts to ensure dirt and other debris don’t spread around the house and get accumulated in the vacuum collection unit. Now, the professional has to agitate the walls of the ductwork while extracting the pollutants like dirt, bacteria, pollen, and other stuff.
- Walk-in through inspection: After the cleaning process, the technician will further inspect the air ducts to ensure nothing was missed and ducts are properly cleaned.
Benefits of air duct cleaning
The prime benefits of air duct cleaning service Melbourne are listed below:
- Duct cleaning promotes a cleaner living environment.
- Enhances airflow efficiency
- Eliminates unpleasant odors and smells
- Helps everyone breathe easily
Being the homeowner, you have to clean your air ducts after every six to seven months. This necessary service for your home ensures deep cleansing of the furnace coupled with high indoor air quality. The duct cleaning process has several steps involved in it, and to do it in the right fashion, you have to execute all these phases.
Are for searching for the best duct cleaning service to enhance the functioning of your HVAC system? If you feel so, the experts at www.ductmates.com.au are the best bet in this regard. The professionals of this organization have years of experience in duct cleaning and repairs. Hence, you can rely on them in any instance.